Institution/Organization: Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS
Email Address: email@example.com
Keyword(s) of Area of Expertise:
- Funtional trait
- Community trait
- carbon sequestraiton
- Temperature sensitivity
Some reviewed papers in past five years:
(* correspondence author, # equal contribution)
1. He NP*#, Li Y#, Liu CC, Xu L, Li MX, Zhang JH, He JS, Tang ZY, Han XG, Ye Q, Xiao CW, Yu Q, Liu SR, Sun W, Niu SL, Li SG, Sack L*, Yu GR* (2020) Plant trait networks: Improved resolution of the dimensionality of adaptation. Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 35: 908-918.
2. Zhang JH, He NP*, Liu CC, Xu L, Chen Z, Li Y, Wang RM, Yu GR, Sun W, Xiao CW, Chen HYH, Reich PB (2020) Variation and evolution of C:N ratio among different organs enable plants to adapt to N-limited environments. Global Change Biology, 26, 2534-2543.
3. Yan P#, Xiao CW#, Xu L, Li A, Yu GR, Piao SL, He NP*. (2020). Biomass energy in China’s terrestrial ecosystems: Insights into the nation’s sustainable energy supply. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 127, 109857.
4. Li MX, Peng CH*, Zhang KR, Xu L, Wang JM, Wang Y, Li P, Liu ZL, He NP* (2020) Headwater stream ecosystem: An important source of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. Water Research, 190, doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2020.116738.
5. Liu CC, Li Y, Zhang JH, Bird AS, He NP*. 2020. Optimal community assembly related to leaf economic-hydraulic-anatomical traits. Frontiers in Plant Science, 11, 341.
6. Wang S, Xu L, Zhuang QL, He NP* (2020) Investigating the spatio-temporal variability of soil organic carbon stocks in different ecosystems of China. Science of the Total Environment, doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143644.
7. Xu L, He NP*, Yu GR (2020) Nitrogen storage in China’s terrestrial ecosystems. Science of the Total Environment, 709, 136201.
8. Xu L, He NP* (2020) Nitrogen storage and allocation in China’s forest ecosystems. Science China-EarthSciences, 63, 1475-1484.
9. Zhang QY, Wang QF, Zhu JX, Xu L, Li MX, Rengel Z, Xiao JF, Hobbie EA, Piao SL, Luo WT, He NP* (2020) Higher soil acidification risk in southerastern Tibetan Plateau. Science of Total Environment, doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143372.
10. He NP*, Liu CC, Piao SL, Sack L, Xu L, Luo YQ, He JS, Han XG, Zhou GS, Zhou XH, Lin Y, Yu Q, Liu SR, Sun W, Niu SL, Li SG, Zhang JH, Yu GR* (2019b) Ecosystem traits linking functional traits to macroecology. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 34, 200-210.
11. Liu Y, He NP*, Xu L, Tian J, Gao Y, Zheng S, Wang Q, Wen XF, Xu XL, Yakov K (2019) A new incubation and measurement approach to estimate the temperature response of soil organic matter decomposition. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 138, 107596.
12. Zhao N, Yu GR*, Wang QF, Wang RL, Zhang JH, Liu, CC, He NP* (2019b) Conservative allocation strategy of multiple nutrients among major plant organs: From species to community. Journal of Ecology, 10.1111/1365-2745.13256.
13. Yu GR#*, Jia YL#, He NP#, Zhu JX, Chen Z, Wang QF, Piao SL, Liu XJ, He HL, Guo XB, Wen Z, Li P, Ding GA, Goulding K. (2019) Stabilization of atmospheric nitrogen deposition in China over the past decade. Nature Geoscience, 12, 12, 424-429.
14. Guan S, An N, Zong N, He YT, Shi P, Zhang JJ*, He NP* (2018b) Climate warming impacts on soil organic carbon fractions and aggregate stability in a Tibetan alpine meadow. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 116, 224-236.
15. He NP#*, Liu CC#, Tian M#, Li ML, Yang H, Yu GR, Guo DL, Smith MD, Yu Q, Hou JH* (2018) Variation in leaf anatomical traits from tropical to cold-temperate forests and linkage to ecosystem functions. Functional Ecology, 32, 10-19.
16. Liu CC, He NP*, Zhang JH, Li Y, Wang QF, Sack L, Yu GR (2018a) Variation of stomatal traits from cold temperate to tropical forests and association with water use efficiency. Functional Ecology, 32, 20-28.
17. Liu Y, He NP*, Wen XF, Xu L, Sun XM, Yu GR, Liang LY, Schipper LA (2018b) The optimum temperature of soil microbial respiration: Patterns and controls. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 121, 35-42.
18. Liu Y, Wen XF, Zhang YH, Tian J, Gao Y, Ostle AJ, Niu SL, Chen SP, Sun XM, He NP* (2018c) Widespread asymmetric response of soil heterotrophic respiration to warming and cooling. Science of the Total Environment, 635, 423-431.
19. Wang CH, Wang NN, Zhu JX, Liu Y, Xu XF, Niu SL, Yu GR, Han XG, He NP* (2018a) Soil gross N ammonification and nitrification from tropical to temperate forests in eastern China. Functional Ecology, 32, 83-94.
20. Wang Q, He NP*, Xu L, Zhou XH (2018b) Microbial properties regulate spatial variation in the differences in heterotrophic respiration and its temperature sensitivity between primary and secondary forests from tropical to cold-temperate zones. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 262, 81-88.
21. Wang Q, He NP*, Liu Y, Li ML, Xu L, Zhou XH (2018c) Important interaction of chemicals, microbial biomass and dissolved substrates in the diel hysteresis loop of soil heterotrophic respiration. Plant and Soil, 428, 279-290.
22. Wang RL, Wang QF, Zhao N, Xu ZW, Zhu XJ, Jiao CC, Yu GR*, He NP* (2018e) Different phylogenetic and environmental controls of first-order root morphological and nutrient traits: Evidence ofmultidimensional root traits. Functional Ecology, 32, 29-39.
23. Zhang JH, Zhao N, Liu CC, Yang H, Li ML, Yu GR, Wilcox K, Yu Q*, He NP* (2018a) C:N:P stoichiometry in China’s forests: From organs to ecosystems. Functional Ecology, 32, 50-60.
24. Zhang JH, He NP*, Liu CC, Xu L, Yu Q, Yu GR (2018b) Allocation strategies for nitrogen and phosphorus in forest plants. Oikos, 127, 1506-1514.
25. Zhang YH*, He NP*, Loreau M, Pan QM, Han XG* (2018e) Scale dependence of the diversity-stability relationship in a temperate grassland. Journal of Ecology, 106, 1277-1285.
26. Zhao N, Liu HM, Wang QF, Wang RL, Xu ZW, Jiao CC, Zhu JX, Yu GR*, He NP* (2018b) Root elemental composition in Chinese forests: Implications for biogeochemical niche differentiation. Functional Ecology, 32, 40-49.
27. Zheng S, Bian HF*, Quan Q, Xu L, Chen Z, He NP* (2018) Effect of nitrogen and acid deposition on soil respiration in a temperate forest in China. Geoderma, 329, 82-90.
28. He NP*#, Wen D#, Zhu JX, Tang XL, Xu L, Zhang L, Hu HF, Huang M, Yu GR* (2017) Vegetation carbon sequestration in Chinese forests from 2010 to 2050. Global Change Biology, 23, 1575-1584.
29. Li CL, Cao ZY, Chang JJ, Zhang Y, Zhu GL, Zong N, He YT, Zhang JJ*, He NP* (2017a) Elevational gradient affect functional fractions of soil organic carbon and aggregates stability in a Tibetan alpine meadow. Catena, 156, 139-148.
30. Li J, He NP*, Xu L*, Chai H, Liu Y, Wang DL, Wang L, Wei XH, Xue JY, Wen XF, Sun XM (2017c) Asymmetric responses of soil heterotrophic respiration to rising and decreasing temperatures. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 106, 18-27.
31. Liu Y, He NP*, Zh, JX, X, L, Y, GR, Ni, SL, Su, XM, We, XF* (2017a) Regional variation in the temperature sensitivity of soil organic matter decomposition in China’s forests and grasslands. Global Change Biology, 23, 3393-3402.
32. Liu Y#, Wang CH#, He NP*, Wen XF, Gao Y, Li SG, Niu SL, Butterbach-Bahl K, Luo YQ, Yu GR* (2017b) A global synthesis of the rate and temperature sensitivity of soil nitrogen mineralization: latitudinal patterns and mechanisms. Global Change Biology, 23, 455-464.
33. Yu HL, He NP#, Wang QF*, Zhu JX, Gao Y, Zhang YH, Jia YL, Yu GR (2017) Development of atmospheric acid deposition in China from the 1990s to the 2010s. Environmental Pollution, 231, 182-190.
34. Zhang YH*, Loreau M, He NP*, Zhang GM, Han XG* (2017) Mowing exacerbates the loss of ecosystem stability under nitrogen enrichment in a temperate grassland. Functional Ecology, 31, 1637-1646.
35. Zhu JX, He NP*, Zhang JH, Wang QF, Zhao N, Jia YL, Ge JP, Yu GR* (2017) Estimation of carbon sequestration in China’s forests induced by atmospheric wet nitrogen deposition using the principles of ecological stoichiometry. Environmental Research Letters, 12, 10.1088/1748-9326/aa1094a1084.
36. Li N, He NP*, Yu GR*, Wang QF, Sun J (2016) Leaf non-structural carbohydrates regulated by plant functional groups and climate: Evidences from a tropical to cold-temperate forest transect. Ecological Indicators, 62, 22-31.
37. Liu Y, He NP*, Wen XF, Yu GR, Gao Y, Jia YL (2016) Patterns and regulating mechanisms of soil nitrogen mineralization and temperature sensitivity in Chinese terrestrial ecosystems. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment, 215, 40-46.
38. Wang Q, He NP*, Liu Y, Li ML, Xu L (2016a) Strong pulse effects of precipitation events on soil microbial respiration in temperate forests. Geoderma, 275, 67-73.
39. Wang Q, He NP*, Yu GR, Gao Y, Wen XF, Wang RF, Koerner SE, Yu Q* (2016b) Soil microbial respiration rate and temperature sensitivity along a north-south forest transect in eastern China: Patterns and influencing factors. Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences, 121, 399-410.
40. Wen D, He NP* (2016) Forest carbon storage along the north-south transect of eastern China: Spatial patterns, allocation, and influencing factors. Ecological Indicators, 61, 960-967.
41. Yu HL, He NP*, Wang QF*, Zhu JX, Xu L, Zhu ZL, Yu GR (2016b) Wet acid deposition in Chinese natural and agricultural ecosystems: Evidence from national-scale monitoring. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 121, 10995-11005.
42. Zhao N, Yu GR*, He NP*, Wang QF, Guo DL, Zhang XY, Wang RL, Xu ZW, Jiao CC, Li NN, Jia YL (2016) Coordinated pattern of multi-element variability in leaves and roots across Chinese forest biomes. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 25, 359-367.
43. Zhu JX, Wang QF*, Yu HL, Li ML, He NP* (2016a) Heavy metal deposition through rainfall in Chinese natural terrestrial ecosystems: Evidences from national-scale network monitoring. Chemosphere, 164, 128-133.
44. Zhu JX, Wang QF, He NP*, Smith MD, Elser JJ, Du JQ, Yuan GF, Yu GR, Yu Q* (2016b) Imbalanced atmospheric nitrogen and phosphorus depositions in China: Implications for nutrient limitation. Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences, 121, 1605-1616.